Eid-ul-Azha is one of the biggest Muslim festivals celebrated in several areas including Chandpur, Shariatpur, Barisal and Madaripur districts in line with Saudi Arabia and the next day in Bangladesh. Eidul Azha, the Muslim feast following Hajj, is being celebrated in Saudi Arabia, other Gulf States, United States of America and Europe.
According to the statistics shared by Gulzar Feroz, the central chairman at the Tanners’ Association, “more than 2.7 million cows/bulls, four million goats, 800,000 lambs, and up to 30,000 camels will be sacrificed this year.”
He added that hides of cow this year would fetch Rs.1600 in the market and on the other goat hides would fetch Rs.250 each.
Check out the Bakrid greetings here.
This year on Eid-ul-Azha, the Sindh Government has formulated and released a code of conduct for the collection of animal hides.
Code of Conduct:
1. Any person/organization that needs to seek permission from the commissioner or deputy commissioner before collecting hides.
2. During the festival no permission would be granted for holding camps, making announcements or putting up banners for the collection of hides.
3. An official letter of permission is compulsory to attain before transferring hides.
4. Carrying all sorts of weapons including licensed guns or sticks is not permitted on Eid.
5. Law enforcement agencies would take suitable action against those who found violating the code of conduct.
Despite the release of these Codes, violations have been noticed. Without seeking designated permissions organizations have openly flooded the market with banners and posters seeking people to sell them hides.
Sheikh Al-Sudais hosted the Hajj sermon on Monday as Grand Mufti Abdul Aziz al-Sheikh was reportedly ill. He urged that “Islam is a religion of peace which teaches patience and tolerance.” Even the Imam-e-Kaaba called upon the Muslims to adhere to the teachings of Islam strictly and keep their matters in their own hands.
Some Eid messages/greetings:
“I always hug them with my prayers.May Allah`s peace be with u.A very Happy Eid Mubarak
“May Allah this occasion flood your life with happiness,ur heart with love,your soul with spiritual,your mind with wisdom,wishing u a very Happy Eid”
“May the noor of this month illuminate ur heart, mind and soul n may all ur duas be answered. Remember me in your prayers. EID MUBARAK “